- No soda - I've never been an avid soda drinker, we never keep soda in the house. The only time I drink soda is at a fast food restaurant or maybe a house party.
- Rarely eat out - I never go out to eat because 1) I find it too expensive and 2) I always eat too much when I do. I go out to eat maybe 2-3 times a month, including fast food.
- Vitamin C every other day - I have a weak immune system, and I tend to get sick quite a bit, so this just gives me a little boost.
- Drink water when you feel hungry - Most of the time when I think I'm hungry, I'm just thirsty or bored. Buy a water bottle and carry it around. It'll really help.
- Bananas! - They aren't my favorite fruit, but they're definitely good; I tend to eat one every day.
- Stay away from pre-packaged food - This includes hot pockets, pizza rolls, frozen meals, basically anything in a plastic bag that you have to heat up. And chips (well I'm still working on cutting this out hahaha).
- Nuts - If I'm ever hungry and it's not meal time yet, I just grab some nuts as a little snack to keep my hunger down. I usually buy almonds cause they're the cheapest... I also buy dried fruits too (so yummy).
- Exercise - I've been slacking on this lately. Mainly I look up videos on youtube or run on the treadmill for 20 minutes (I hate running ok) every other day.
- Park your car far away - When you're out shopping, don't park close to the store, park far far away and walk. Bonus: it'll probably be easier to find a parking spot.
Monday, January 21, 2013
My health tips
Disclaimer: I'm not a dietitian or anything like that. This is just what works for me :)